Teaching life skills for reaching across differences, resolving conflicts,
and building more long-lasting, meaningful family connections.
Come learn with us in a space where everyone’s needs matter!
Our Camps have welcomed participants from all over the US and Canada, as well as Belgium, Austria and New Zealand.
One question we often hear is "will there be other kids the same age as mine at camp?" The answer, most likely, is yes!
Each Family HEART Camp venue includes indoor and outdoor meeting and play spaces, cooking and dining facilities, as well as varied recreation and relaxation opportunities such as swimming ponds, playing fields and hiking trails. Lodging possibilities may included tent camping, platform wall tents, rustic cabins, and even hotel-quality accommodations, depending on the venue.
Food service is either provided by the venue, catered on-site by a staff chef or prepared by the community with the support of food service staff. Our intention for Family HEART Camp is to provide healthy, enjoyable meals that satisfy the dietary needs and preferences of a large variety of campers. We are usually able to accommodate omnivorous, vegetarian and vegan diets, with provisions for gluten- and dairy-free meals.
- Introduction to NVC
- Field Games, including Capture the Flag, Soccer, Wiffle-Ball and Ultimate Frisbee
- Connecting with Feelings through Bodily Sensations
- Improv Games
- Loving-Kindness Meditation
- Crafts such as plaster masks, "Oobleck," jewelry, forest lanterns
- Taking Responsibility for our Feelings
- Making agreements while making brownies
- Making Fairy Houses
- Facilitated Listening Circle
- Taking NVC to the Street
- Self-Empathy and Empathy